Everything you have ever heard, read or imagined about the history and lifeways of the Plains Indian Nations beckons as you enter the world of the Lakota, people of the Buffalo Nation.
Join the circle and relax in the company of fine historians and storytellers; the guardians of centuries-old wisdom. Take this opportunity to traverse the wide open prairies, shining mountains and mighty rivers of the Great Sioux Nation, to hear of legendary figures such as Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse, Man Afraid, Black Elk, to stand where they stood, see what they saw and to feel their struggles and triumphs.
This Journey creates a once in a lifetime experience for anyone who feels an affinity with the indigenous cultures of the Great Plains and the desire to interact with, learn of and hear from the people whose history, stories and spirituality are held within these lands.
- Enter He Sapa Wakan, the sacred Black Hills, experience Wind Cave, the site of Lakota genesis and seek out Tatanka, the buffalo.
- Appreciate the beauty, Lakota culture and history of the Black Hills, where Black Elk had his vision, listen to traditional Native American Flute. Optional horseback ride available.
- In the ragged moonscape of harsh and arid Badlands beauty, listen for the Lakota traditional stories of the Stronghold, Star Knowledge and the Ghost Dance
- On Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, home of the Oglala Lakota visit the Pine Ridge Agency, the Heritage Center and Wounded Knee.
- Return to the 'Old Times' as you enjoy the site where the iconic movie Dances With Wolves was filmed
- At the Buffalo Jump and Mato Tipila (Devil’s Tower) understand how ceremony is linked to the constellations in the connecting star world.
ADD-ON LAKOTA ARTS TOUR AND WORKSHOPS
- A one-time opportunity to see the arts and material culture of Lakota people through the eyes of Lakota artisans. Enjoy studio and home visits, and evening workshops led by your guide, a renowned Lakota Master Artist.
Don't miss PRE TOUR INFO explaining the logistics and details of how Go Native America trips work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to FAQs about our Native American Small Group Tours to Indian Country.
Take your place on award-winning journeys and tours visiting Native American lands and reservations across Indian Country.
This is small group travel at it's finest, so with only 9 places available per tour, early bookings are advised.
Information about available PRICEfor our award-winning Native American
Small Group Tours to Indian Country.
821 NORTH 27th ST, #120. BILLINGS, MONTANA 59101
This itinerary is repeated in late September 2013 Click here for more information
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL THE GO NATIVE AMERICA OFFICE ON 1-888-800-1876
- Arrive Rapid City, SD (Airport code RAP)
- ADD-ON departure Rapid City, SD)
Click on any image to enter the gallery
Past Tour Members Say...
Our guide was extraordinary. He was like a walking encyclopedia. He spoke with a lot of passion and showed us places no ordinary tour would do. You learn the differences between the tribes and the differences between their stories. This is not a holiday, it’s a lifetime experience.
Danielle van Gladbach, the Netherlands
To travel with Go Native America is to see another world. A country, a history, a religion and a people that have refused to vanish under the terrible pressures of encroachment and inequality. There is no part of this world that the guides cannot offer some insight to, and their intimate connections to some of its most significant people help what must be the best cultural introduction to America’s indigenous nations.
Sheridan Lunt, Bristol (England)
Premier providers of NATIVE AMERICAN TOURS, NATIVE AMERICAN VACATIONS and INDIAN COUNTRY EXPERIENCES.
AUTHENTIC, FAIR TRADE, ETHICAL TRAVEL - RESPONSIBLE TRAVEL in Native American Indian Country
GO NATIVE AMERICA IS NOW A SUBSIDIARY OF NDN2RS.com